|Louisiana Public Service Commission District 5|
|January 1, 2003 - Present|
|December 31, 2014|
|Years in position||11|
|Chair, Louisiana Public Service Commission|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||October 4, 2008|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Louisiana State Senate|
|High school||Bossier High School|
|Birthday||January 6, 1947|
|Place of birth||Shreveport, Louisiana|
Campbell worked as a schoolteacher and agricultural products salesman from 1972 to 1975. In 1976 he started his own business, the Campbell Insurance Agency, Inc. Cambell served in the Louisiana State Senate from 1976 to 2002. He joined the LPSC in 2003 and has served on that body since.
- Graduated, Bossier High School
- Graduated, Northwestern State University
- Attended, Louisiana State University
Louisiana Public Service Commission (2003-present)
Campbell has served District 5 on the Louisiana Public Service Commission since 2003. He was Chair from 2012-2013.
Louisiana State Senate (1976-2002)
Campbell was a member of the Louisiana State Senate from 1976 through 2002.
Campbell will next come up for re-election as Louisiana Public Service Commissioner representing District 5 in 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|Louisiana Public Service Commission, District 5, 2008|
|Democratic||Foster Campbell Incumbent||78.1%||120,805|
|No party affiliation||James "Jim" Crowley||21.9%||33,916|
|Election Results Via: Louisiana Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Campbell is available dating back to 1999. Based on available campaign finance records, Campbell raised a total of $2,467,283 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 11, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Foster Campbell's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Foster Campbell's Campaign Contributions|
Louisiana Public Service Commission
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||Unopposed|
|Top 5 contributors||Cleco Corp||$10,000|
|Riemer Calhoun Jr.||$5,000|
|United Brotherhood of Carpenters & Joiners||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Foster + Campbell + Louisiana "
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Louisiana Public Service Commission - Foster Campbell
- Campaign contributions: 2011, 2008, 2007, 2002, 1999
- Louisiana Public Service Commission, "Commissioner District 5," accessed March 6, 2013
- Nola.com, "Eric Skrmetta elected chairman of Louisiana Public Service Commission," January 31, 2013
- Louisiana Secretary of State, "Results for Election Date: 10/4/2008," accessed March 28, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Foster Campbell," accessed July 11, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
|Louisiana Public Service Commission District 5
| Succeeded by|