Foundation for Excellence in Education
|Foundation for Excellence in Education|
|Top official:||Patricia Levesque|
|Number of employees:||45|
The mission statement of the foundation is:
To build an American education system that equips every child to achieve his or her God-given potential.
The 21st century economy is the most competitive in world history. It is an economy that requires a growing number of educated and skilled workers. Yet, on international assessments, American students rank 21st in science and 24th in math among 30 industrialized nations. We need to reverse this trend if America is to continue its dominant role. We believe our states’ leaders, educators, parents and students are ready and able to achieve that goal.
State Initiatives provides customized, strategic support to state decision makers. The program was launched in 2009 in response to requests for assistance from lawmakers and policymakers who were interested in advancing reforms that are part of the Florida Formula for Student Achievement or are innovative ways to improve the quality of education. See how Florida ranks in the Top 10 for student learning and achievement.
—Foundation for Excellence in Education's website (2014), 
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Foundation + for + Excellence + in + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Influencers project
- School board elections project
- Education policy project
- Education policy in the United States
- Common Core State Standards Initiative
- Foundation for Excellence in Education, "About Us," accessed March 26, 2014
- Foundation for Excellence in Education, "Contact Us," accessed March 26, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Foundation for Excellence in Education, "Mission and History," accessed March 26, 2014