|Minnesota State Senate, District 67|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas|
|Master's||Rochester Institute of Technology|
|Place of birth||Laos, Vietnam|
|Profession||Multimedia Producer, Digital Motion LLC|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hawj served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Energy|
|• Jobs, Agriculture and Rural Development|
Hawj's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "St. Paul’s East Side has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the metropolitan area. It is destroying families and neighborhoods. I will make sure that mortgage companies are doing everything to help homeowners keep their homes."
Job Development and Training Opportunities
- Excerpt: "I plan to create jobs by supporting small businesses, entrepreneurs and green initiatives. I will work with city leaders to market the East Side to attract businesses and make sure that companies hire locally."
- Excerpt: "I will fight hard to promote quality education for the East Side, and close the student achievement gap by holding the state to its commitment to our school. "
Better Healthcare for Seniors
- Excerpt: "I will fight for more affordable healthcare for our elderly and make sure that they have adequate supports in their own homes."
Environmental and Green Initiatives
- Excerpt: "We are blessed to have beautiful parks and green spaces throughout the East Side. The Mississippi River is a national treasure in our backyard. I will support efforts to protect, improve, and expand our green spaces and natural resources."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Hawj won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate, District 66. He defeated Tom Dimond and Robert Humphrey in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Mike Capistrant (R) in the general election on November 6.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 67, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 67 Democratic Primary, 2012|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
Hawj was a Democratic-Farmer-Labor candidate for District 67 of the Minnesota State Senate. The primary election was on August 10, 2010 and the general election was on November 2, 2010. John Harrington advanced to the general election.
Comprehensive donor information for Hawj is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hawj raised a total of $68,921 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 29, 2013.
|Foung Hawj's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 67||$68,921|
|2010||Minnesota State Senate, District 67||$0|
|Grand Total Raised||$68,921|
2012Hawj won election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hawj raised a total of $68,291.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Foung Hawj's campaign in 2012|
|Tseng, So Way||$500|
|St. Paul Pipefitters Local 435||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$68,291|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Hawj lost the election for the Minnesota State Senate in 2010. During that election cycle, Hawj raised a total of $0.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Foung Hawj's campaign in 2010|
|Total Raised in 2010||$0|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Foung + Hawj + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money career profile
- "founghawj," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 25, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State "2010 Primary Results"
- Follow the Money, "Hawj, Foung." Retrieved June 29, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
John Harrington (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 67
| Succeeded by|