Fox C-6 School District, Missouri
|Fox C-6 School District|
|Number of schools:||19|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Dan E. Smith|
About the districtJefferson County in Arnold, Missouri. It is located in the sixth largest county in Missouri. According to the 2010 United States Census, Arnold is home to 20,808 residents.
Arnold outperformed the state average in median household income and residents living below the poverty level. The United States Census Bureau found that 17.5% of Arnold residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 25.8% for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Arnold was $55,449 compared to $51,529 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Arnold was 6.5% compared to 8.6% for the entire state.
Dianne Critchlow is the Superintendent of Fox C-6 School District. She is currently the fourth-highest paid Superintendent in Missouri.
The Fox C-6 School District Board of Education is composed of seven members serving three-year terms.
|Fox C-6 Board of Education|
|Dan E. Smith||At-large||2014|
|Linda S. Nash||At-large||2014|
School board elections
- See also: Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
Members of the Fox C-6 School District Board of Education are elected to three-year terms. There was no primary election and the general election for four seats is to be held on April 8, 2014. Two seats were up for election in 2013 and two seats will be up for election in 2015.
Fox C-6 School District publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Fox C-6 School District employed 796 K-12 teachers during the 2011-12 school year. They do not have salary information for their teachers available on their school district website.
Schools in Fox C-6 School District
Fox C-6 School District serves 11,564 students in 19 schools.
Fox C-6 School District operates 19 schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Fox C-6 School District|
|Bridges Alternative High School|
|George Guffey Elementary|
|Clyde Hamrick Elementary|
|Ray & Nancy Hodge Elementary|
|Lone Dell Elementary|
|Meramec Heights Elementary|
|Rockport Heights Elementary|
|Richard Simpson Elementary|
Missouri’s "Top 10 by 20" plan holds as a primary goal that all students will graduate high school college-and-career-ready. To measure progress toward this goal and to distinguish among school and district performance, the Missouri Department of Education computes an Annual Performance Report (APR) score for each Local Education Agency (LEA) and school. This overall score is comprised of scores for each of the MSIP 5 Performance Standards:
- Academic Achievement
- Subgroup Achievement
- High School Readiness (K-8 districts) or College and Career Readiness (K-12 districts)
- Attendance Rate
- Graduation Rate (K-12 districts).
Status, progress and growth (where applicable) are used to calculate a comprehensive score used to determine the accreditation level of a school district. Data for academic achievement (English language arts and mathematics), subgroup achievement (English language arts and mathematics) and graduation rate are also used for federal accountability determinations, including reward, focus and priority school identification, for LEAs and schools.
The Missouri School Improvement Plan (MSIP) 5 Performance Standards were approved by the State Board of Education in December 2011 and go into effect two (2) years from the date of approval. Missouri’s ESEA Flexibility Request was approved by the United States Department of Education in July 2012. The components used for federal accountability went into effect upon approval of the request.
|MSIP 5 Performance Comparison|
|MSIP 5 Standards||Possible Points||Points Earned||Percent Earned|
|College and Career Ready||30||25||83.3%|
- Missouri school districts
- List of school districts in Missouri
- Fox C-6 School District elections (2014)
- School board elections portal
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System, "Graduation rate," accessed February 5, 2014
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System, "School Finance Report," accessed February 5, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Census Bureau, "Arnold (city), Missouri," accessed February 5, 2013
- FoxC6Watchdogs, "Fox's Superintendent Was The 4th Highest Paid in the State for 2012-2013!," Accessed February 5, 2014
- Fox C-6 School District, "Board of Education," accessed February 5, 2014
- Jefferson County, Missouri, "Sample Ballot," accessed February 5, 2014
- U.S. Census, "Public Elementary–Secondary Education Finance Data," Accessed December 12, 2013
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System, "District Student Staff Ratios," accessed February 5, 2014
- Fox C-6 School District, "Contact Information," accessed February 5, 2014
- Missouri Comprehensive Data System, "Summary Annual Performance Report," accessed February 5, 2014