Francis Maher, Jr.
|Rhode Island Senate District 34|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||February 28, 1966|
|Place of birth||Weymouth, MA|
Maher earned his Associates Equivalent in Electronics from technical college. His professional experience included working as a Field Service Technician for Central Scale Company from 1994 to 1998.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Maher served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Maher served on these committees:
- Environment and Agriculture Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
- Health and Human Services Committee, Rhode Island State Senate
Maher ran for re-election in District 34. He defeated Paul R. Mcfadden in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012. Maher was defeated by Catherine Cool Rumsey (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 34, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Catherine Cool Rumsey||55.1%||7,150|
|Republican||Francis Maher, Jr. Incumbent||44.8%||5,809|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 34 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Frank Maher Incumbent||77.4%||473|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 34|
|Francis Maher (R)||6110|
|Jon Sawyer (D)||4859|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 34 (2008)|
|Francis Maher (D)||9,052|
|Jonathan Osborne (SOC)||2,494|
In 2010, Maher received $6,308 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Francis Maher, Jr.'s campaign in 2010|
|Maher Jr, Francis T||$1,517|
|Pinga, Michael J||$250|
|Freinds Of Michael Pinga||$250|
|Total Raised in 2010||$6,308|
Maher raised $4,144 during the 2008 election cycle.
He received no contributions greater than $500.
|Rhode Island Federation of Republican Women||$500|
|Kevin Hon Breene||$400|
Maher and his wife Kathleen have one child and one foster child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Francis + Maher + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Francis Maher, Jr.," accessed November 24, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 5, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2008 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Rhode Island State Senate spending, 2008," accessed June 6, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2008 contributions to Francis Maher, Jr.," accessed November 24, 2014
|Rhode Island State Senate District 34
| Succeeded by|
Catherine Cool Rumsey (D)