Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Vineland Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
Bongiovanni was an officer with the Atlantic City Police Department until his retirement. He currently works as an adjunct professor at Cumberland County College. Bongiovanni and his wife have four children.
- See also: Vineland Public Schools elections (2013)
Bongiovanni ran for a full term on the board against five other candidates on November 5, 2013.
|Vineland Public School Board, At-large, 3-year term, November 5, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Scott English Incumbent||21.2%||4,349|
|Nonpartisan||Alan Mounier Incumbent||13.3%||2,727|
|Nonpartisan||Frank Bongiovanni Incumbent||13%||2,652|
|Source: Cumberland County Clerk, "2013 General Election Results," accessed January 29, 2014|
Bongiovanni reported no contributions or expenditures to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
Bongiovanni received no endorsements during this election.
Bongiovanni sought election to the board on November 6, 2012 but placed fourth in the race for three seats.
|Vineland Board of Education, November 6, 2012|
|Nonpartisan||Christopher E. Jennings||18.5%||5,969|
|Source: Cumberland County Board of Elections|
What was at stake?
Incumbents Scott English and Alan Mounier sought re-election to the board against four challengers on November 5, 2013. Bongiovanni was appointed to replace Carols Mercado until the general election. English won re-election while the two remaining spots were filled by Richard Baruffi and Brian DeWinne. Tom Ulrich ran for the unexpired one-year term left by Carlos Mercado rather than pursuing another full term and won election to that seat.
About the district
- See also: Vineland Public Schools, New Jersey
Vineland lagged behind state rates for poverty, median income and higher education achievement in 2010. The city had a poverty rate of 13.1% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Vineland's median income at $54,978 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (16.8%) is below the state average (35%).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frank + Bongiovanni + Vineland + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Vineland Public Schools, " Frank Bongiovanni Selected for Temporary Vacancy on School Panel," August 8, 2013
- Facebook, "Vineland Public Schools," August 13, 2013
- TheDailyJournal.com, "Some new faces are running for the Vineland school board," October 21, 2012
- New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, "Standard Search," Accessed December 27, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Vineland," Accessed October 22, 2013
- Cumberland County Board of Elections, "Election Results," Accessed October 22, 2013