|New Jersey State Senate, District 28|
Contella operates Frankie Rocksalt LLC in Trenton, New Jersey.
In an interview with NorthJersey.com, Contella highlighted some of his major campaign issues.
- Roche Property
- Contella labelled the Roche property as his biggest concern. The Roche Property currently houses the 127-acre campus of Swiss drug maker, Hoffman-LaRoche. The company announced in 2012 that it would be winding down operations at the site and closing the campus entirely by 2015. At its peak, the company had 10,000 employees. An environmental remediation of the site is ongoing and the towns of Nutley and Clifton have formed a joint commission looking at the future development of the property. Contella said during the interview that he envisions open space for the Roche site. "An open acre project would be awesome for kids after the [Roche] cleanup," he said.
- Washington Elementary overcrowding
- "We don't need [more apartments]. I think we're at capacity because it's crowding our school," Contella said.
- Vocational programs
- "I think if we can get into more vocational programs, there [will be] more jobs," Contella said.
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
Contella ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey State Senate District 28. Contella was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent Donald L. Rice (D) in the general election on November 5, 2013.
|New Jersey State Senate, District 28 General Election, 2013|
|Democratic||Ronald Rice Incumbent||75.7%||27,265|
Contella currently resides in Nutley, New Jersey. He is a trustee for the Nutley Republican Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frank + Contella + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Follow the Money profile
- LinkedIn page
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- LinkedIn page, Accessed May 15, 2013
- "NJ.com," "Roche will close Nutley plant, shed nearly 1,000 jobs," accessed September 4, 2013
- "NJ.com," "The long goodbye: As drug giant Roche exits Nutley, what comes next for sprawling site?" accessed September 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013