|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107|
|January 1, 2011 - present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Bachelor's||Grand Valley State University|
|Profession||Business Manager, Construction Company|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Foster earned his B.B.A. in Finance from Grand Valley State University's Seidman College of Business. His professional experience includes working as the business manager for his family'sconstruction company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Foster served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Commerce, Chair|
|• Health Policy|
|• Michigan Competitiveness|
|• Tax Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Foster served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Banking and Financial Services|
|• Natural Resources, Tourism, and Outdoor Recreation, Chair|
|• Tax Policy|
Foster's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Lowered unemployment and increased available jobs"
- Excerpt: "Eliminated obsolete and over-burdensome regulations"
- Excerpt: "Eliminated the job-killing Michigan Business Tax"
- Excerpt: "Expanded educational opportunities for K-12 students"
- Excerpt: "Balanced by the budget by June 1st, two years in a row"
Foster won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 107. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Suzanne Shumway (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Frank Foster Incumbent||58%||25,301|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 107 General election (2010)|
|Frank Foster (R)||19,337|
|Richard Timmer (D)||11,350|
Comprehensive donor information for Foster is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Foster raised a total of $262,995 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|Frank Foster's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Michigan State House, District 107||$146,595|
|2010||Michigan State House, District 107||$116,400|
|Grand Total Raised||$262,995|
2012Foster won re-election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Foster raised a total of $146,595.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Frank Foster's campaign in 2012|
|Michigan Health & Hospital Association||$5,000|
|Michigan Credit Union League||$4,500|
|Michigan Petroleum Association||$4,425|
|Michigan Beer & Wine Wholesalers Association||$4,349|
|Michigan Bankers Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$146,595|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Foster won election to the Michigan House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Foster raised a total of $116,400.
|Michigan House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Frank Foster's campaign in 2010|
|Michigan Farm Bureau||$5,000|
|Republican Victory Committee||$4,000|
|Wayne Schmidt Leadership Fund||$3,000|
|Michigan Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|Stamas Leadership PAC||$1,600|
|Total Raised in 2010||$116,400|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Frank Foster received a 69% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Frank + Foster + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan puts restrictions on abortion insurance - Petoskey News-Review
- Michigan Strategic Fund would have broader authority under House, Senate bills - The Saginaw News
- Michigan Democrats Join Call for Corporate Welfare Scrutiny - Budget & Tax News
- Pressure Mounting For MEDC Transparency - Michigan Capitol Confidential
- Bill Would Allow Automatic Pay Increases For Public Safety Employees - Michigan Capitol Confidential
- Business Insider: Indiana could risk competitiveness by limiting rights - Indianapolis Star
- Tom Drake: Cullman's living legend - Cullman Times Online
- Office website
- November 11, 2011 snapshot of Foster's campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- "fosterforhouse," Official Campaign Website
- Mitt Romney Campaign Website "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Michigan Speaker of The House Jase Bolger and Additional Members of The Michigan Legislature," September 19, 2011
- Associated Press "Michigan - Summary Vote Results," Accessed August 7, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Foster, Frank." Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 25, 2012
Gary McDowell (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 107
2011 – Present
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |