|Montana House of Representatives, District 7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Security/retired police officer|
Garner's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||Though I have never before sought political office I can no longer sit idle while I see some in our legislature vote to raise your taxes while voting to put money in their own pockets.
It is time to put our community first! I am concerned about the influence that out of state money plays in our elections and in the decision making of some of our legislators. I am disappointed that there was no significant property tax or income tax relief for most of you last session.
It has been said it is not the ramblings of the wicked but rather the silence of the good that men should fear. I can no longer stand by and watch as some in our state wait for guidance from national committees before they vote rather than asking the counsel of those they govern. This community deserves better.
As part of this effort I am vowing to never take money for my campaign from a person or a business that doesn’t live or do business in the Flathead. If elected I will not vote to put money in my own pocket at your expense and I will vote for meaningful tax relief for you. I will honor our promises to our veterans and public servants while working hard to make sure we limit government spending and growth. I will always put you first.
Elections for the office of Montana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Catherine Henderson defeated Alex Schaeffer in the Democratic primary. Frank Garner defeated Ronalee Skees in the Republican primary. Garner defeated Henderson in the general election. Incumbent Randy Brodehl (R) ran in District 9. Roxanna Brothers (D) filed to run, but was removed from the ballot before the primary.
|Montana House of Representatives, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Montana House of Representatives, District 7 Republican Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frank + Garner + Montana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana House of Representatives
- Montana House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana House of Representatives District 7
- Official campaign website
- Frank Garner on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed April 11, 2014
- Frank Garner, homepage, accessed May 17, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
State of Montana
List of Montana ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Director of the Department of Revenue | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Securities and Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources and Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Public Service Commission |