Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 4|
|J.D.||University of Pennsylvania School of Law|
Scaturro is an attorney. He graduated magna cum laude with his bachelor's degree from Columbia University and earned his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania School of Law. He has been an aide to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee and is in the process of nominating Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito.
According to his website, Scaturro's campaign platform included the following issues:
- Reduce and simplify taxes
- Reduce the role of government and insurance companies in health care
- Expand renewable energy and domestic oil production
Scaturro is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 4th District. Scaturro is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
New York's 4th Congressional District is an open seat in the 2014 elections after incumbent Rep. Carolyn McCarthy announced her retirement on January 8, 2014. Scaturro is currently the only Republican in the race for the 4th District and posted $113,000 cash on hand according to the FEC.
Scaturro ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 4th District. He sought the nomination on the Republican ticket and was defeated by Francis Becker Jr. in the June 26 Republican primary. He appeared as the Conservative candidate on the ballot in the general election November 6, 2012. Scaturro lost to incumbent Carolyn McCarthy (D) in the general election.
|U.S. House, New York District 4 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Carolyn McCarthy Incumbent||54.7%||163,955|
|Republican||Francis Becker Jr.||28.6%||85,693|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections "U.S. House of Representatives Results"|
Becker defeated Scaturro in the Republican primary in 2010. Both had hopes for defeating McCarthy in the general election, with the redrawn district possibly being more favorable to Republicans in 2012.
Becker distributed flyers accusing Scaturro of secretly being an "Arlen-Specter Democrat." This criticism arose because Scaturro was an aide to the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, of which Specter was the chairman. Scaturro, however, retorted that he is a strong Republican, and that he did not switch camps with Specter.
On the issues, both candidates agreed on the need to repeal Obamacare, the need to support Israel and the need to curtail entitlement programs.
|U.S. House, New York District 4, 2012 - Frank Scaturro Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$2,278,000|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,860,331|
|Top contributors to Frank Scaturro's campaign committee|
|Jamaica Hospital & Medical Center||$7,500|
|City of New York, NY||$4,900|
|Roseanne Spinner Holistic Health||$4,000|
|Caldwalader, Wickersham & Taft||$4,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frank + Scaturro + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 4th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 4th Congressional District
- Campaign website, "About", accessed October 22, 2013
- CNN "New York Districts Race - 2012 Election Center"
- Frank Scaturro campaign website "About Frank," Accessed June 21, 2012
- Frank Scaturro campaign website "Issues," Accessed June 21, 2012
- Garden City Patch, "Update: McCarthy Will Not Seek Re-election," January 8, 2014
- New York Board of Elections "2012 Candidate List" Accessed October 17, 2012
- Wantagh Patch "Republicans Gear up for Primary Battle in McCarthy's District," June 7, 2012
- South Shore Standard "Becker-Scaturro Vying in June GOP Primary," May 25, 2012
- Newsday "4th C.D.: Scaturro blasts Becker attack flyer as 'flatly false'," June 21, 2012
- The Island Now "Becker takes second shot for Congress," June 7, 2012
- Open Secrets "Frank Scaturro 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed May 17, 2013
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |