Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 7|
|2008 - 2012|
|Base salary||$200/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Sterling served on this committee:
- Municipal and County Governments, Vice Chair
Sterling ran for re-election in the 2012 election for New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 14. Sterling was unopposed in the September 11 Republican primary and was defeated by Harry Young (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 14, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Franklin Sterling Incumbent||48.8%||4,174|
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire 14 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Franklin Sterling Incumbent||66.3%||865|
On November 2, 2010 Sterling was re-elected to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
On November 4, 2008, Franklin won election by finishing fourth for the four-seat Cheshire District 7 of the New Hampshire House of Representatives receiving 3,038 votes behind Republican John Hunt (3,733), Democrat Bonnie Mitchell (3,583), and Republican Susan Emerson (3,395) and ahead of Republican William Shea (2,753), Democrat Keith David Halloran (2,480), and "Others" (11).
Among Sterling's opponents, Mitchell raised $3,849 for her campaign, against $3,700 by Hunt, $875 by Emerson, and $845 by Halloran.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Cheshire District 7|
|John Hunt (R)||3,733|
|Bonnie Mitchell (D)||3,583|
|Susan Emerson (R)||3,395|
|Franklin Sterling, Jr. (R)||3,038|
|William Shea (R)||2,753|
|Keith David Halloran (D)||2,480|
In 2010, a year in which Sterling was up for re-election, he collected $1,290 in donations.
According to Follow the Money, Sterling raised no funds for the 2008 election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Franklin + Sterling + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- New Hampshire House of Representatives
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- ↑ Race 4 2012 "Romney Releases Additional New Hampshire Endorsements," September 26, 2011
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ New Hampshire Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ New Hampshire House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Sterling's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 2008 Campaign Contributors to Franklin Sterling, Jr.
|New Hampshire House of Representatives - Cheshire 7 District
| Succeeded by|
Gladys Johnsen (D)