|Alabama House of Representatives, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Alabama|
|Master's||Houston Baptist University|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||20|
Joly earned a B.S. in management from the University of North Alabama. He went on to earn a master's in human resources from Houston Baptist University.
For over 20 years, Joly served in the United States Air Force. He was in charge of aircraft maintenance and retired in the rank of Major.
Joly made the following statement on his campaign website:
|“||As a conservative, I believe in smaller government, fair taxes, and the rule of law.||”|
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Marcel Black was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Fred Joly was unopposed in the Republican primary. Black will face Joly in the general election.
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on May 12, 2014
- Fred Joly candidate for 2014 Alabama State House, District 3, "Fred is your conservative voice," accessed May 13, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|