|Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction|
|High school||Lexington High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Central Oklahoma (1970)|
|Master's||University of Oklahoma (1986)|
|Ph.D.||University of Oklahoma (1993)|
Deskin has been an educator for over 40 years, including 15 years as a classroom teacher. She has served as an assistant principal, principal and school superintendent. Deskin founded Oklahoma Odyssey of the Mind, the Oklahoma and the International Aerospace Summer Academies, OU and OCU "ropes" leadership programs. She has developed curriculum for the American Institute of Architects, NASA, Challenger Center for Space Science Education, EPCOT Center, Experimental Aircraft Association, school districts, universities and others.
- Lexington High School
- B.S., Elementary Education, University of Central Oklahoma (1970)
- Master's, Secondary Education, University of Oklahoma (1986)
- Ph.D., Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum, University of Oklahoma (1993)
- Certification – Post Doctoral, Strategic Management, Harvard University (2006)
- Post Doctoral Studies, Finance, Oklahoma City University (2009)
Deskin is running for election to the Oklahoma Superintendent of Public Instruction. Deskin is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Freda + Deskin + Oklahoma + Superintendent"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |