|California State Assembly District 52|
|October 11, 2013 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||July 23, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||12 years|
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Freddie Rodriguez (D) and Dorothy F. Pineda (R) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Rodriguez will face Pineda in the general election.
Rodriguez won election in a special election for California State Assembly District 52. The seat was vacant following Norma Torres's (D) election to the California State Senate on May 14, 2013. He faced eight others in a blanket primary, which took place on July 23. As no candidate received more than fifty percent of the votes the top two vote-getters - Freddie Rodriguez (D) and Paul Leon (I) - met in a runoff election on September 24, which Rodriguez won by a margin of 7,054 to 6,689 votes.
|California State Assembly, District 52, Special Election, 2013|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- American Cancer Society
- California Environmental Scorecard
- California Humane Society
- California Labor Federation
- California ProLife Council
- Capital Resource Institute
- Congress of California Seniors
- Consumer Federation of California
- Equality California
- Howard Jarvis Taxpayer's Association
- Planned Parenthood - Assembly & Senate
- Sierra Club California
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Freddie + Rodriguez+ California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly
- California Assembly Committees
- California State Assembly District 52
- Official California September 24th special elections results
- Rep. Rodriguez's website
- Profile from Open States
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- dailybulletin.com, "Gov. Brown announces special election to fill 52nd District," May 21, 2013
- dailybulletin.com, "Nine candidates seek to replace Torres in Assembly," June 2, 2013
- blog.pe.com, "52ND ASSEMBLY DISTRICT: Rodriguez wins special election," September 25, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Official blanket primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- sos.ca.gov, "Official special election results," accessed November 19, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 15, 2014
Norma Torres (D)
|California State Assembly District 52
| Succeeded by|