Frederick David Gillespie
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|West Virginia House of Delegates, District 10|
|Bachelor's||University of West Virginia (1950)|
|Master's||University of Virginia (1956)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1945-1947|
|Birthday||May 1, 1927|
|Place of birth||Yukon, West Virginia|
Gillespie was a physician. He was an Ophthalmologist in private practice from 1963 - 2006. He earned his MD from the University of Virginia in 1956.
Gillespie ran in the 2012 election for West Virginia House of Delegates, District 10. Gillespie, incumbent Tom Azinger, and incumbent John N. Ellem advanced unopposed in the May 8 primary election. He was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Gillespie was defeated for one of the three District 10 Delegate positions on the ballot in the November 2, 2010 general election. He was opposed by incumbent Democrat Daniel Poling, incumbent Republican John Ellem and incumbent Republican Thomas Azinger in the general election. The three top vote-getters were elected. He defeated Republicans Courtney L. Ahlborn, Bill Bell, Denny Harton, Eric Giles and Randall Rapp in the May 11 primary election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Frederick + Gillespie + West Virginia + House of Delegates"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- ↑ Biography on Project Vote Smart
- ↑ WBOY.com "West Virginia General Election Results November 6, 2012" Accessed November 7, 2012
- ↑ West Virginia Secretary of State - 2012 Candidate Listing By Office
- ↑ 2012 West Virginia Primary Election Official Results
- ↑ Official WV primary election results
- ↑ Official Primary Results SOS
- ↑ Official General Election Results
State of West Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Schools | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |