Frederick John LaVergne
|Frederick John Lavergne|
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
The 3rd Congressional District of New Jersey will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives on November 4, 2014. In the primary election on June 3, 2014, Tom MacArthur defeated Steve Lonegan for the Republican nomination, while Aimee Belgard defeated Howard Kleinhendler and Bruce Todd for the Democratic nomination. MacArthur and Belgard will face off in the general election, along with Democratic-Republican candidate Frederick John LaVergne.
With incumbent Jon Runyan (R) not running for re-election, New Jersey's 3rd is considered a battleground district in 2014. Although Runyan won re-election by an 8.9 percent margin of victory in 2012, the presidential election went Democratic, with President Barack Obama winning in the 3rd District by 4.6 percent.
LaVergne ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent New Jersey's 3rd District. LaVergne ran as an Independent. He faced Shelley Adler, Jon Runyan, Robert Edward Forchion, Christopher Dennick, Jr., Robert Shapiro and Robert Witterschein in the general election on November 6.
|U.S. House, New Jersey District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jon Runyan Incumbent||53.7%||174,253|
|No Slogan||Christopher Dennick, Jr.||0.1%||280|
|Legalize Marijuana||Robert Edward Forchion||0.6%||1,965|
|No Slogan||Frederick John Lavergne||0.2%||770|
|Bob's for Jobs||Robert Shapiro||0.3%||1,104|
|None of Them||Robert Witterschein||0.2%||530|
|Source: New Jersey Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Frederick + John + LaVergne + New Jersey + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
- New Jersey's 3rd Congressional District
- Official Facebook Page
- "LaVergne gives strong admonishment to the NJDSC and Division of Elections - 'I can't abide a bully'- during NJ Superior Court Proceedings"
- Editorial: "With Cops in the Family - A Response to GENE"
- "The Hymnal of America"
- Editorial: "What Legacy Would You Give Your Children?"
- Editorial: "What is the Change the Rules Pledge?"
- Editorial: "There is No Real evidence"
- Editorial: "So That There is No Misunderstanding"
- Editorial: "Ballot Shaving"
- "Environmental Stewardship"
- "LaVergne gives strong admonishment to the NJDSC and Division of Elections - 'I can't abide a bully'"
- "Reply Brief in Forchion and LaVergne v Guadagno-Belgard-NJDSC"
- "LaVergne demands summary dismissal with prejudice of out-of-time ballot petition challenge"
- "Republican Primary Voters put their two cents in"
- "Lack of Support Means No Ballot Line"
- "Belgard issues frivilous challenge - MacArthur ducks - Independents ignored"
- "2013 Certification of New Jersey Political Parties"