Freehold Regional High School District, New Jersey
|Freehold Regional High School District|
|Monmouth County, New Jersey|
|Superintendent:||Charles B. Sampson|
|Number of schools:||6|
|Website:||School Home Page|
|Board of Education|
|Board president:||Heshy Moses|
- 1 About the district
- 2 Superintendent
- 3 School board
- 4 Budget
- 5 Teacher salaries
- 6 Schools in Freehold Regional High School District
- 7 Website evaluation
- 8 Contact information
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
About the district
Monmouth County outperformed state rates for poverty, median income and higher education achievement in 2010. The county had a poverty rate of 6.5% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Monmouth County's median income at $83,842 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of county residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (39.6%) is below the state average (35%).
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Monmouth County (%)||New Jersey (%)|
|Black or African American||7.7||14.7|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.3||0.6|
|Two or More Races||1.6||1.9|
|Hispanic or Latino||10||18.5|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
The current superintendent of Freehold Regional High School District is Charles Sampson, who was appointed to the position in June 2011. He has two Bachelor's degrees from Rutgers University, as well as two Master's degrees, one from Rutgers and the other from Caldwell College. He has held numerous administration positions, including the duties of assistant principal, principal and superintendent.
The Freehold Regional School Board has nine members that are elected by district to three-year terms.
|Freehold Regional School Board|
|Heshy Moses||President||Freehold Borough||2015|
|Jennifer Sutera||Vice President||Manalapan||2015|
|Carl Accettola||Member||Colts Neck Township||2014|
|William Bruno||Member||Howell Township||2015|
|Elizabeth Canario||Member||Englishtown Borough||2016|
|Amy M. Fankhauser||Member||Howell Township||2016|
|Michael Messinger||Member||Marlboro Township||2014|
|Maryanne Tomazic||Member||Freehold Township||2014|
School board elections
Freehold Regional High School District published its annual budget on their district website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
Freehold Regional High School District does not publish its teacher salary schedule on its website.
Schools in Freehold Regional High School District
Freehold Regional High School District serves 11,446 students, as of 2012-2013 enrollment data. The district experienced a 0.95% decrease in enrollment between 2008 and 2012. The following chart details enrollment in the district between 2008 and 2012:
|Year||Enrollment||Year-to-year change (%)|
Freehold Regional High School District operates six high schools listed below in alphabetical order:
|Freehold Regional High School District|
|Colts Neck High School|
|Freehold High School|
|Freehold Township High School|
|Howell High School|
|Manalapan High School|
|Marlboro High School|
|Transparency grading process|
- Budget, including revenue information, is posted.
- Board of Education members are listed but contact information is not provided.
- Current and archived board meeting dates, minutes, and agendas are posted.
- Criminal background check requirements noted in the application procedures.
- Audit reports are posted.
- A link is provided to the school's assessment results on the New Jersey Department of Education website.
- Bidding opportunities are posted but active contracts and union contracts are not posted.
- Administrators are listed for each department, but contact information is not provided, including the Superintendent.
- Public records information is not provided.
- Local tax information is not provided.
- School board elections portal
- Freehold Regional High School District elections (2013)
- List of school districts in New Jersey
- New Jersey
- Freehold Regional High School District, "Freehold Regional High School District FISCAL YEAR: 2011-12," accessed December 5, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Monmouth County," accessed November 19, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Freehold Regional High School District, "Mr. Charles Sampson, Superintendent of Schools," accessed January 27, 2014
- Freehold Regional High School District, "Board of Education," accessed January 27, 2014
- State of New Jersey Department of Education, "Fall Enrollment Charts," accessed January 28, 2014
- Freehold Regional High School District, "Home," accessed January 27, 2014
- Board of Education
- Application Procedures
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
- New Jersey School Report Card
- Bid and Proposal Opportunities
- Office of the Superintendent