|Last mayoral election:||2012|
|Next mayoral election:||2016|
|Last city council election:||2012|
|Next city council election:||2014|
|City council seats:||5|
|2014-2015 FY Budget:||$238 million|
|Population in 2013:||224,922|
Hispanic or Latino 14.8%
African American 3.3%
Native American 0.5%
|Median household income:||$99,169|
|High school graduation rate:||90.5%|
|College graduation rate:||49.5%|
|Related Fremont offices|
|California Congressional Delegation • California state legislature • California state executive offices|
Office of the Mayor
The City of Fremont utilizes a Council-Manager system. An elected City Council, which serves as the city's legislative body, appoints an executive called a manager to oversee the city's day-to-day operations.
The City Council consists of five members: the Mayor and four Council members. All are elected at-large.
A full list of City Council members can be found here
The city of Fremont, California will hold elections for city council on November 4, 2014. Two Council member seats are up for election. The candidate filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was August 8, 2014.
Fremont's proposed operating budget for fiscal year 2014-2015 was $238 million.
3300 Capitol Ave.
Fremont, CA 94538
- Main article: California government sector lobbying
As of August 11, 2014, the city of Fremont does not provide information on its lobbying activities.
Fremont's initiative process follows state law (see Laws governing local ballot measures in California for details) for both charter amendment and ordinances.
- Fremont official website
- U.S. Census "State and County Quick Facts
- Office of the Mayor
- Fremont Municipal Code
- U.S. Census "State and County Quick Facts," accessed on August 11, 2014
- City of Fremont, "Mayor and City Council," accessed on August 11, 2014
- City of Fremont, "About your Government," accessed on August 11, 2014
- City of Fremont "Election Information," accessed on August 11, 2014
- City of Fremont, "Election Information," accessed March 10, 2014
- City of Fremont, "Basic Steps In Running For Office," accessed May 16, 2014
- FY 14-15 Proposed Operating Budget, accessed on August 11, 2014