For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
G. Andres Romero
|G. Andres Romero|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 10|
|January 20, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||University of New Mexico, 2010|
Romero earned his B.A in History and Philosophy from the University of New Mexico in 2010.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Romero served on the following committees:
|New Mexico Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Safety and Civil Affairs|
Romero's Facebook page highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "As a state legislator, Andrés will be a strong and vocal advocate for the many issues that pertain to District 10, including education, employment and the environment. He is committed to work to maximize learning opportunities for students from early childhood to college and beyond, promote adult education growth opportunities and ensure that financial opportunities exist for every student. Andrés will work diligently to provide in-state employment opportunities for graduating students, sustain and create quality employment within District 10, and encourage local hiring practices. He will also preserve and protect the quality of life in the district, maintain and enhance the unique characteristics of Los Padillas, Pajarito, Valley Gardens, Mountain View, South Broadway, San Jose, Kirtland Addition and Bullhead Park area/Siesta Hills, the communities within District 10."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. G. Andres Romero defeated Randy Saavedra and Sisto A. Abeyta in the Democratic primary. Robert Schiller ran as an Independent candidate. Romero defeated Schiller in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 10 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||G. Andres Romero||58.1%||2,463|
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 10 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|G. Andres Romero||51%||619|
|Sisto A. Abeyta||22.3%||270|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Romero's endorsements included the following:
- Albuquerque Teachers Federation (ATF)
- Albuquerque Educational Assistants Assoc. (AEAA)
- Albuquerque Secretarial Clerical Assoc. (ASCA)
- SWOP Action Fund
- Conservation Voters New Mexico (CVNM)
- Olé New Mexico
- The American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
Romero currently serves as the President of the Los Padillas Neighborhood Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "G. + Andres + Romero + New + Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- House Committees
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico state legislative districts
- Profile from the New Mexico House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- G. Andres Romero on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
Henry Saavedra (D)
|New Mexico House of Representatives - District 10
| Succeeded by|