For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
GOP primary race intensifies in Kentucky's 4th congressional district
Kentucky: With the primary just a week away, Republican candidates in Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District are making a last push. There are seven GOP contenders to replace outgoing representative Geoff Davis.
Frontrunners Gary Moore, Thomas Massie and Alecia Webb-Edgington are pulling out all the stops, gathering endorsements and running ad blasts. Webb-Edgington was endorsed by Rep. Davis, former Senator Jim Bunning, and the Kentucky Professional Firefighters Association. Moore, who has raised the most money in the election, was endorsed in the Republican primary by the Northern Kentucky AFL-CIO Central Labor Council.
Massie is the Tea Party favorite, and has recently been endorsed by U.S. Senator Rand Paul, who appeared in a TV ad for Massie. For the last days leading up to the primary, Texas group Liberty For All has spent over half a million dollars airing ads supporting Massie.
In response, Moore and Webb-Edgington have criticized Massie for his out-of-state funding. Webb Edgington said: "I do think the people of the 4th District and the Republicans of the 4th District are smarter than to allow a group of libertarians to come into the commonwealth of Kentucky and try to buy this election."
Moore joined Webb-Edgington's critique, saying his own funding did not come from political action committees. A Massie spokesperson said Massie's funding base was similar to Moore's, and Massie said he thought he was "being unfairly maligned for this participation on behalf of me by this Texas PAC."
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Kentucky's 4th Congressional District elections, 2012
- WFPL News, "In Kentucky’s Fourth District, Candidates Make Final Push for Votes," May 15, 2012
- Kentucky.com, "2 GOP candidates take aim at political group," May 14, 2012
- Cincinnati.com, "Congressional candidates pick up endorsements" accessed April 13, 2012
- NYK.com, "Political Notes:The Northern Kentucky AFL-CIO Central Labor Council announces endorsements" accessed March 15, 2012