|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
|Gabriela Saucedo Mercer|
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||August 26, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Cochise College, 1999|
Gabriela Saucedo Mercer is a 2014 Republican candidate seeking election to the U.S. House to represent the 3rd Congressional District of Arizona. She previously ran for the same seat in 2012.
Mercer's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "This is one of my top priorities. We must return to the free-market principles that made our economy the envy of the world and provided prosperity for our families. I support lowering tax rates and reducing regulations so individuals and companies can once again expand and create new jobs."
- Excerpt: "Developing our abundant domestic oil, natural gas, and coal deposits has become an issue of economic security. We can no longer afford to ship billions of dollars overseas to purchase oil from countries that are not always friends to the U.S. Exploring and drilling for energy right here in America would immediately put Americans back to work in good paying jobs and lower our trade deficit"
- Support our Troops and Veterans
- Excerpt: "As the mother of a USMC daughter, the brave men and women in the U.S. Military hold a special place in my heart. I will always support our troops by making sure they have the best equipment and our complete backing while they are fighting to protect freedom."
- Excerpt: We have great health care but the cost of care and insurance coverage are too high. We need real reforms that increase competition and more customer choice. I support the purchase of insurance across state lines, improving the options for personal health savings accounts, personal tax deductions for the cost of health care premiums, and tort reform to address the hidden cost of defensive medicine.""
- Excerpt: "When elected, I will make it one of my priorities to push for the repeal of Obamacare in the next Congressional session. We do not need Socialized medicine we must end the creation of more bureaucracy and let the free market and consumers decide what type of healthcare they want or need."
- See also: Arizona's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
Mercer is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 3rd District. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
- See also: Arizona's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2012
Mercer ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Arizona's 3rd District. She defeated Jaime Vasquez in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. She was defeated by Raul Grijalva (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Candidates for Congress are required to file reports with the Federal Election Commission during the 2014 elections season. Below are Mercer's reports.
|Gabriela Saucedo Mercer (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 9, 2013||$10,008.29||$175.00||$(7,400.29)||$2,783.00|
|July Quarterly||July 12, 2013||$2,783.00||$13,182.00||$(11,310.67)||$4,654.33|
|October Quarterly||October 11, 2013||$4,654.33||$3,634.30||$(6,223.80)||$2,064.83|
|Year-End||January 15, 2014||$2,064||$5,795||$(7,086)||$773|
Breakdown of the source of Mercer's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Mercer did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Mercer's campaign committee raised a total of $242,590 and spent $228,934.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 3, 2012 - Gabriela Saucedo Mercer Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Gabriela Saucedo Mercer's campaign committee|
|Dawson Companies Ltd||$5,000|
|Phoenix Law Enforcement Assn||$5,000|
|Senate Majority Fund||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
Mercer and her husband, Ted, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gabriela + Saucedo + Mercer + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Gabriela Saucedo Mercer News Feed
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ The Republic, "GOP's Gabriela Saucedo Mercer to challenge Dem. Rep. Raul Grijalva again in Arizona's CD3," May 14, 2013
- ↑ Official primary candidate list
- ↑ Associated Press primary results
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer April Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer October Quarterly," accessed October 29, 2013
- ↑ Federal Election Commission "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer Year-End," accessed February 7, 2014
- ↑ Open Secrets "Gabriela Saucedo Mercer 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 19, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart biography