Gail E. Eastman
|Anaheim City Council|
|December 2010 - December 9, 2014|
|Anaheim Mayor Pro Tempore|
|2012 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Eastman's professional experience includes serving on the boards of the City of Anaheim's Planning Commission, the Anaheim Fall Festival and Halloween Parade Board of Directors, Anaheim Historical Society executive board, Anaheim Transportation Network board of directors, Support Our Anaheim Resort advisory committee, Citron District Neighborhood Council, Downtown Anaheim Association, Downtown Design Review Committee, Mayors Downtown Design Charette, the Central District Traffic Calming Committee and the Anaheim Historic Preservation Committee. She is also the author of a historical children's book titled Anna's Home by the River.
On her campaign website, Eastman highlighted the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Anaheim must always be a place where families feel safe and secure. That is why I am resolved to build and maintain the strongest public safety services our City has ever seen. I will support efforts to optimize our public safety services even further to meet this goal. I am also committed to promoting and growing Anaheim’s Police Explorer Program, which graduated more than 300 kids this year. This is an incredible program that grows our future public servants right here at home."
- Excerpt: "If re-elected, I will continue to serve as a voice of reason and consensus builder within our great City. As policymakers, we often have differences of opinion. This is healthy and good for public debate. But I will continue to strive to bridge these differences through listening and compromise to ensure we’re always serving the people as best we can. I will continue this approach in 2014."
- Excerpt: "I supported putting any changes on how our City votes to a vote of the people. It’s an issue that firmly resides in the hands of the people and I am proud to have supported placing a ballot measure on the November ballot for the people to determine their electoral future."
- Excerpt: "I am committed to keeping the Angels in Anaheim with a fair and equitable deal that makes sense for our residents."
CPV Power Plant
- Excerpt: "I am strongly opposed to the development of a power plant at the Ball Road Basin site. I’ve fought alongside hundreds of Anaheim residents to ensure that this land can be preserved for our kids and families."
Anaheim Resort Area
- Excerpt: "I support protecting our resort area. This means working with businesses to ensure we can retain and attract only the finest employers and organizations."
The city of Anaheim, California held elections for mayor and city council on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run was August 8, 2014. Two of the four city council seats were up for election. Incumbent Kris Murray and candidate James Vanderbilt defeated incumbent Gail E. Eastman, Donna Acevedo, Jose F. Moreno, Jose Moreno, Jerry O'Keefe and Doug Pettibone.
|Anaheim City Council, 2014|
|Kris Murray Incumbent||20.7%||16,207|
|Gail E. Eastman Incumbent||19.6%||15,338|
|Jose F. Moreno||14.7%||11,521|
|Source: Orange County Elections - 2014 General Election Results|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gail + Eastman + Anaheim"
- All stories may not be relevant due to the nature of the search engine.
- OC Register, "Tait, Murray and Vanderbilt ready to take seats on Anaheim council," December 18, 2014
- Office Website, "Biography," accessed on August 12, 2014
- Gail for Anaheim, "Issues," accessed on October 2, 2014
- City of Anaheim, "Nov. 4, 2014 Election," accessed March 10, 2014
- City of Anaheim, "2014 Candidate List," accessed on September 2, 2014
- Orange County Elections, "2014 Official Election Results," accessed on November 4, 2014
|Anaheim City Council
2010 – December 9, 2014
| Succeeded by|