|Oregon House of Representatives District 56|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Oregon State University|
|Master's||Oregon State University|
Whitsett earned her B.A. and her M.A. in Geology from Oregon State University. Her professional experience includes working as a geologist for Standard Oil of Ohio, British Petroleum, and as a consultant for Domestic and International Firms.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Whitsett served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Human Services and Housing|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Gail Whitsett was unopposed in the Republican primary. She is also running as a write-in candidate on the Democratic party and Libertarian Party tickets. Whitsett is unchallenged in the general election.
Whitsett won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 56. Whitsett defeated Tracey Liskey in the May 15 Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Republican William Garrard did not seek re-election.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Whitsett is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Whitsett raised a total of $89,262 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Gail Whitsett's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 56||$89,262|
|Grand Total Raised||$89,262|
2012Whitsett won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Whitsett raised a total of $89,262.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gail Whitsett's campaign in 2012|
|Committee to Elect Doug Whitsett||$20,215|
|Oregon Family Farm Association||$4,018|
|Oregon Soft Drink Association||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$89,262|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to July 9. In 2014, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to March 10.
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 Senate Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 House Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2014 State Legislative Summary
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills that impacted the businesses of family farmers and ranchers.
- American Federation of Teachers-Oregon: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for issues that are important to AFT-Oregon. Priorities of the organization are based on the issues most important to its members working lives.
- Associated Oregon Industries: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to the business community.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to civil liberties.
- Oregon Education Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their record in advocating for and advancing Oregon's public schools.
- Stand for Children-Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to Oregon's public schools.
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to conservation.
Whitsett and her husband, Doug, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gail + Whitsett + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Oregon Secretary of State, 2012 Candidate Information, "Gail Whitsett"
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Whitsett," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Whitsett, Gail," accessed June 14, 2013
William Garrard (R)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 56
| Succeeded by|