Galveston County, Texas
- The names and contact information for all county commissioners is available.
- County commissioner meeting agendas are published.
- Information on taxes is provided.
- Audit reports are published.
- The current budget is published.
- Administrative officials are listed under respective departments.
- County commissioner meeting minutes are not available.
- There is no information on zoning, contracts, lobbying, and public records.
Conflict of interest
Judge Jim Yarbrough, who makes $131,000 annually, violated a state law which forbade him from accepting a job which does business with the county. It was revealed he also is a board member for the American National Insurance Company, where he made $197,000.
In 2008, Galveston County reported $60,000 spent on lobbying.
- Galveston County website
- Galveston County Office of Emergency Management
- Galveston Central Appraisal District
- Public Records Directory - Galveston County
- Galveston County on E-Reference
- Galveston County, Texas Nonresidential Building Permits
- Galveston County, TX Single-Family Building Permits
- Texas Watchdog, Galveston County Judge Jim Yarbrough holds $197k post with company doing business with county, Oct. 7, 2010
- Galveston County - Open Secrets