Garfield County is one of 64 counties in Colorado. The county seat is Glenwood Springs.
See also: Evaluation of Colorado county websites
This site was evaluated on Dec. 25, 2012.
- Public Records
- Public records are accessible. The Public Information Officer is identified with an office address, phone number and personalized email.
- Meeting calendars provide the times and locations of public meetings.
- Meeting minutes and agendas are also posted.
- There are also years of archives for these documents.
- Elected Officials
- Contact information listed for elected officials.
- Information about sales and property taxes is provided. One can also pay taxes on the website.
- Zoning information and planning permit applications are posted online.
- A general contact number and email forms are provided for county administration and departments.
- The most recent budget is published.
- Budgets are archived for three years.
- Comprehensive financial reports are published and archived to 2004.
- Bids and proposals are published on a document website, which is linked on the county's page.
- Vendor statements for the first quarter of 2012 are posted.
- The county provides a list of lobbying associationsit is affiliated with that includes groups who lobby state and federal authorities.
- Individual email addresses are not provided for administration officials.
- Cost of taxpayer funded lobbying activities or membership dues for associations are not listed.