Garfield County is a county in the southern half of the US state of Utah. As of the 2000 census it's population was 4,735. It's county seat is Panguitch.
- Main article: Evaluation of Utah county websites
- Meeting agendas are posted on the website.
- Information is given on how to contact departments for administrative officials. However individual contact names, numbers or e-mails are not given.
- Elected officials are named but specific contact information is not listed.
- Audits are not listed.
- Contract are not listed.
- The budget, while posted on the statewide website, is not linked to or mentioned on the county website.
- There is no information on how to obtain public records from the county.
- The county does not disclose whether or not it pays dues to belong to government sector lobbying associations in the state.
- Permits and zoning applications are not online.
Legislative reform proposed
Utah Senate Bill 18 was proposed in the Utah State Senate on February 2, 2009. The bill would have required all cities, counties, school districts and special districts in the state to post their budgets online.
Townships in Garfield
- Bryce Canyon City