|Wyoming House of Representatives District 49|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Brigham Young University|
|Master's||Western New Mexico University|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Piiparinen served on the following committees:
|Wyoming Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Travel, Recreation, Wildlife and Cultural Resources|
|• Joint Education|
|• Joint Travel, Recreation, Wildlife and Cultural Resources|
Piiparinen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Marriage, Family and Children
- Excerpt:"I believe in the sanctity of the family and that the family is the basic building block of society. I assert the inherent dignity & sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death."
Federal Government and States’ Rights
- Excerpt:"The State of Wyoming should stand resolute in support of its sovereignty against federal intrusion into the rights of Wyoming citizens (10th Amendment)"
- Excerpt:"Taxation at every level of Government must be restricted to the minimum amount necessary for Government to achieve the limited purposes for which it was established."
Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt:"Carrying a concealed personal weapon is a natural, Constitutionally protected right (2nd Amendment)."
Elections for the office of Wyoming House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 19, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 30, 2014. Larissa Sneider ran unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Garry Piiparinen defeated Rick O'Driscoll in the Republican primary. Clarence Vranish qualified as the Independent Party candidate. Sneider will face both Piiparinen and Vranish in the general election.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 49 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Garry Piiparinen Incumbent||59.4%||982|
Piiparinen won election in the 2012 election for the Wyoming House of Representatives District 49. He defeated incumbent Clarence Vranish in the Republican primary on August 21 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Wyoming House of Representatives, District 49 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Clarence Vranish Incumbent||42.3%||516|
Comprehensive donor information for Piiparinen is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Piiparinen raised a total of $1,910 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 11, 2013.
|Garry Piiparinen's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wyoming State House, District 49||$1,910|
|Grand Total Raised||$1,910|
2012Piiparinen won election to the Wyoming State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Piiparinen raised a total of $1,910.
|Wyoming State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Garry Piiparinen's campaign in 2012|
|Uinta Republican Party Central Committee||$100|
|Total Raised in 2012||$1,910|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Piiparinen and his wife, Shelley, have five children; Anders, Marie, Liisa, Nils and Jessie.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Garry + Piiparinen + Wyoming + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Wyoming state legislative districts
- Wyoming House of Representatives
- Wyoming House of Representatives Committees
- Wyoming State Legislature
- Rep. Piiparinen's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Candidate Roster," June 11, 2012
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 General Election Candidate Roster," accessed October 10, 2014
- Wyoming Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Candidate Roster," accessed May 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Piiparinen, Garry," accessed June 11, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed August 1, 2014
Clarence Vranish (R)
|Wyoming House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|