|Florida House Of Representatives District 74|
|2006 - November 16, 2012|
|Per diem||$133/per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan (1984)|
|Birthday||July 10, 1962|
|Place of birth||Ferndale, Michigan|
|Profession||Homebuilder and Real Estate Broker|
Aubuchon was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 19th Congressional District of Florida. Aubuchon was defeated by Trey Radel in the Republican primary on August 14, 2012.
Aubuchon has worked as a homebuilder and real estate broker.
He is a member of many organizations, including the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Red Cross of Lee County, Cape Coral Association of Realtors, Cape Coral Community Redevelopment Agency Board of Directors, Cape Coral Council for Progress, and Cape Coral Soccer Association.
Aubuchon did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Aubuchon's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 709 - "Construction Defects: Revises requirements & procedures for notice & opportunity to repair certain defects; specifies there are no construction lien rights under certain provisions of law for certain testing"
- HB 7009 - "Public Transit: Provides definitions relating to commuter rail service, rail corridors, & railroad operation for purposes of rail program within DOT; revises time period within which department must update rail system plan"
- HB 7097 - "Health and Human Services Contracts: Requires DCFS, DOH, DJJ, APD, & AHCA to adopt certain policies relating to monitoring of provider contracts & access to provider data; provides exception; provides funding requirements for contracts between DCFS & community-based agencies"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Florida House of Representatives
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Aubuchon served on these committees:
- Rules & Calendar, Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Aubuchon served on these committees:
- Economic Development & Community Affairs Policy Council
- Finance & Tax Council (Vice Chair)
- Health Care Services Policy Committee
- Roads, Bridges & Ports Policy Committee (Chair)
- Select Policy Council on Strategic and Economic Planning
- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Committee
|U.S. House, Florida District 19 Republican Primary, 2012|
In 2010, Aubuchon raised $97,837 in contributions.
His two largest contributors were:
|Florida Chamber Of Commerce||$3,000|
|Hospital Corp Of America||$2,000|
Below are Aubuchon's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Home Builders Assoc||$2,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
|Ronald Book Government Consultants||$1,000|
|FL Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
- Florida's 19th Congressional District
- Florida's 19th Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Gary Aubuchon
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
- Gary Aubuchon on LinkedIn
- Campaign Website
- AP Results "U.S. House Results" Accessed August 14, 2012
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Aubuchon Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Aubuchon Issue Positions
- Florida Secretary of State Elections Board "Candidate List" Accessed March 23, 2012
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- District 74 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- followthemoney.org, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 74
| Succeeded by|
Doug Holder (R)
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |