|Board member, Colonial School District, Nominating District G|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 12, 2009|
|First elected||May 12, 2009|
Gary Bennett filed to run against fellow incumbent Melodie A. Spotts and challenger John C. Megahan, Sr. for the Nominating District G seat in the general election on May 13, 2014. However, he withdrew from the race on April 23, 2014.
Bennett did not file a campaign finance report with the Delaware Commissioner of Political Practices.
Bennett did not receive an endorsement in this election.
About the district
- See also: Colonial School District, Delaware
New Castle outperformed in comparison to the rest of Delaware in terms of higher education achievement in 2010. The United States Census Bureau found that 28.6% of New Castle residents aged 25 years and older had attained a Bachelor's degree compared to 28.5% for Delaware as a whole. The median household income in New Castle was $54,236 compared to $60,119 for the state of Delaware. The poverty rate in New Castle was 12.5% compared to 11.5% for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one or two tenths off from being exactly 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Bennett + Colonial + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Department of Elections for New Castle County, "Colonial School District - Election Information," accessed May 13, 2014
- Commissioner of Elections, "Campaign Report Search," accessed March 13, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "New Castle, Delaware," accessed March 13, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Colonial District," accessed March 14, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Colonial School District Elections|
|New Castle, Delaware|
|Election date:||May 13, 2014|
|Candidates:||Nominating District G: • John C. Megahan, Sr. • Incumbent, Melodie A. Spotts|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|