|Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture|
|January 10, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Predecessor||Tommy Irvin (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Georgia (1980)|
Before becoming commissioner, Black co-managed the Georgia Food Industry Partnership for 13 years. He has also served as president of the Georgia Agribusiness Council and as a field representative in the Georgia Farm Bureau.
Black graduated from the University of Georgia in 1980 with a bachelor degree in agricultural education.
- Bachelor degree in agricultural education - University of Georgia (1980)
Commissioner of Agriculture (2011-Present)
|Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Georgia Secretary of State|
Comprehensive donor information for Black is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Black raised a total of $2,543,586 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 8, 2013.
|Gary Black's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Georgia Agriculture Commissioner||$186,161|
|2010||Georgia Agriculture Commissioner||$924,294|
|2006||Georgia Agriculture Commissioner||$1,433,131|
|Grand Total Raised||$2,543,586|
2006 and 2010
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Gary Black's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Gary Black's Campaign Contributions|
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture
Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture
|Total Raised||$924,294||$1,433,131 (Lost)|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$75,297 (Dem.)|
|Top 5 contributors||Aaron McWhorter||$11,100||Ralph G. Evans||$13,000|
|Georgia Association of Realtors||$10,100||The Loose Group||$13,000|
|Ralph G. Evans||$8,600||Aaron McWhorter||$13,000|
|John Deere & Co||$8,200||Fourth Quarter Properties XII||$13,000|
|GeorgiaLink||$7,000||Lasseter Tractor Co||$11,750|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Black + Georgia + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ga. Dept. Of Agriculture Warns Against Volatile Kerosene Sold In Valdosta - WCTV
- Georgia agriculture experiencing exciting times, commissioner says - Gainesville Times
- Black shares optimism on outlook for agriculture - Jesup Press Sentinel
- Georgia Farm Bureau sets annual meeting for Dec. 8-10 - Southeast Farm Press
- Opportunities, Risks Could Grow With Proposed Hog Rules - Valley News
- Albany Area Coming Up Calendar - Dec. 11-17, 2013 - The Albany Herald
- Some Georgia farmers fume over new Vidalia onion shipping rules - Reuters
- Opportunities, risks could grow with proposed hog farm rules - The State
- Consumers get answers from Ga. Department of Agriculture - Lincolnton Journal
- Georgia growers can get rebates on energy-efficient irrigation motors - Southeast Farm Press
- Georgia Department of Agriculture - Commissioner Gary Black
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2006
- Official 2010 campaign website
- Georgia Department of Agriculture, "Meet the Commissioner," accessed September 16, 2011.
- Gary Black for Agriculture Commissioner 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed November 25, 2013
- Georgia Secretary of State, "November 2010 General Election Results," accessed March 26, 2011
- Follow the Money, "Career fundraising for Gary Black," accessed July 8, 2013
- Follow the Money.org
Tommy Irvin (D)
|Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|