|Montana State Senate District 27|
|2009 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||8 years in any 16-year period|
|Montana House of Representatives|
|2001 - 2009|
|Bachelor's||Montana State University-Bozeman, 1966|
|Master's||Montana State University-Billings, 1980|
|Birthday||March 20, 1944|
|Place of birth||Big Timber, MT|
Branae earned his B.S. from Montana State University, Bozeman, in 1966. He then received his MS Montana State University, Billings, in 1980.
Branae was an Educator for Red Lodge Public School from 1966 to 1969. He then worked as a Teacher for Puyallup Public School from 1969 to 1972. He was also a Teacher/Counselor for Billings Public Schools from 1972 to 1999. From 1999 to 2000 he was a Counselor for Rocky Mountain College. He was a Youth Director for American Lutheran Church from 2001 to 2006.
Branae served in the Montana House of Representatives from 2001 to 2009.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Branae served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Branae served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Livestock, and Irrigation Committee, Montana Senate
- Education and Cultural Resources Committee, Montana Senate
- Taxation Committee, Montana Senate
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2012
Branae ran for re-election in the 2012 election for Montana State Senate, District 27. Branae ran unopposed in the June 5 primary election and was defeated by Elsie Arntzen (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Montana State Senate, District 27, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Gary Branae Incumbent||48.6%||3,225|
|Montana State Senate, District 27 (2008)|
|Gary Branae (D)||3,806|
|Jack Sands (R)||3,405|
In 2008, Branae collected $23,373 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Yellowstone County Democratic Central Committee||$800|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Gary + Branae + Montana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Branae and his wife, Linda, have two children.
- Gary Branae's official Montana State Senate website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
|Montana State Senate District 27
| Succeeded by|
Elsie Arntzen (R)