|Gary L. Cammack|
|South Dakota State Senate, District 29|
|January 13, 2015 - present|
|January 9, 2017|
|Years in position||0|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||Four terms (8 years)|
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 29|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Cammack served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources, Chair|
In the 2013-2014 legislative session, Cammack served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Commerce and Energy|
The general elections for the office of South Dakota State Senate took place on November 4, 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Gary Cammack defeated Susan Cheshier and LeRoy Kindler in the Republican primary. Cammack was unopposed in the general election.
|South Dakota State Senate, District 29 Republican Primary, 2014|
Cammack won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 29. He and incumbent Dean Wink defeated David J. Eatherton in the Republican primary on June 5. Cammack and Wink ran unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 29 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Gary L. Cammack||43.8%||1,450|
|Dean Wink Incumbent||32%||1,059|
|David J Eatherton||24.2%||799|
Comprehensive donor information for Gary Cammack is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gary Cammack raised a total of $3,285 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Gary Cammack's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 29||$3,285|
|Grand Total Raised||$3,285|
2012Gary Cammack won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Gary Cammack raised a total of $3,285.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gary Cammack's campaign in 2012|
|South Dakota Retailers Association Pac||$1,000|
|South Dakota Retailers Association||$500|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$500|
|Contributions from Out-of-State or Federal Pacs||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$3,285|
|Source: Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.===2013===
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gary + Cammack + South + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota State Senate
- South Dakota Senate Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota state legislative districts
- Profile from the South Dakota State Legislature
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," accessed May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election - Official Results," accessed June 4, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official General Election Results - November 4, 2014," accessed November 12, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 6, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Cammack, Gary," accessed September 27, 2013
Larry Rhoden (R)
|South Dakota Senate District 29
| Succeeded by|
Thomas Brunner (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
Thomas Brunner (R)