|Minnesota State Senate, District 16|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||January 14, 1947|
|Profession||Owner, Dahms Insurance Agency|
Dahms earned his bachelor's degree in Agricultural Business Administration from the University of Minnesota. His professional experience includes working as the owner of Dahms Insurance Agency.
Dahms's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As legislators we have to balance the budget, and raising taxes should not be the solution; decreasing spending should be."
- Excerpt: "We must create a business environment in Minnesota that encourages research and development, job growth, business expansion and the attraction of new businesses."
- Excerpt: "Education in rural Minnesota needs to be cutting edge in order to provide an education for our students which will enable them to compete in a global economy."
- Excerpt: "We need to decrease the size of government by making it more efficient and accountable."
- Excerpt: "We support today's agriculture of innovation and diversification. We must protect our food, fiber, feed, flowers, and fuel producers to allow our rural economy to thrive."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dahms served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Jobs, Agriculture and Rural Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Dahms served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Economies, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection|
|• Environment and Natural Resources|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gary Dahms Incumbent||53.1%||20,922|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 21 (2010)|
|Gary Dahms (R)||16597||62.26%|
|Al Kruse (DFL)||10021||37.59%|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Dahms raised $41,410 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Dahms, Gary H||$3,000|
|Brown County RPM||$2,500|
|Redwood County RPM||$1,500|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score." 
Dahms and his wife, Barb, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Gary + Dahms + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dayton calls EPA decision a win for Big Oil - Agri News
- Proposed rule means manufactured home challenges - Redwood Falls Gazette
- And Seifert makes 6 - Marshall Independent
- Seifert joins GOP race - Marshall Independent
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Campaign Facebook page
- ↑ "dahmsforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," retrieved June 12, 2012.
- ↑ Minnesota Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Secretary of State Official general election results
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed September 27, 2013
- ↑ Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed September 27, 2013
Dave Brown (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
Dennis Frederickson (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
Matt Schmit (DFL)