|President of the United States|
|Governor of New Mexico|
|January 1, 1995 – January 1, 2003|
|Date of birth||January 1, 1953|
|Place of birth||Minot, North Dakota|
On The Issues Vote Match
- See also: On The Issues Vote Match
On The Issues conducts a VoteMatch analysis of elected officials based on 20 issue areas. Rather than relying on incumbents to complete the quiz themselves, the VoteMatch analysis is conducted using voting records, statements to the media, debate transcripts or citations from books authored by or about the candidate. Based on the results of the quiz, Johnson is a Hard-Core Libertarian. Johnson received a score of 84 percent on social issues and 88 percent on economic issues.
The table below contains the results of analysis compiled by staff at On The Issues.
|On The Issues Vote Quiz|
|Economic Issues||Social Issues|
|Legally require hiring women & minorities||Favors||Abortion is a woman's unrestricted right||Favors|
|Expand ObamaCare||Strongly Opposes||Comfortable with same-sex marriage||Strongly Favors|
|Vouchers for school choice||Strongly Favors||Keep God in the public sphere||Favors|
|Absolute right to gun ownership||Strongly Favors||Human needs over animal rights||Favors|
|Higher taxes on the wealthy||Strongly Opposes||Stricter punishment reduces crime||Opposes|
|Support & expand free trade||Strongly Favors||Pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens||Strongly Favors|
|Stricter limits on political campaign funds||Opposes||Maintain US sovereignty from UN||Strongly Favors|
|Prioritize green energy||Opposes||Expand the military||Strongly Opposes|
|Stimulus better than market-led recovery||Strongly Opposes||Stay out of Iran||Strongly Favors|
|Privatize Social Security||Favors||Never legalize marijuana||Strongly Opposes|
|Note: Information last updated: 2014.|
|U.S. presidential election, 2012|
|Party||Candidate||Vote %||Votes||Electoral votes|
|Democratic||Barack Obama/Joe Biden Incumbent||51.3%||65,899,660||332|
|Republican||Mitt Romney/Paul Ryan||47.4%||60,932,152||206|
|Libertarian||Gary Johnson/Jim Gray||1%||1,275,804||0|
|Green||Jill Stein/Cheri Honkala||0.4%||469,501||0|
|Election Results Via: FEC official election results|
Other candidates that appeared on the ballot received less than 0.1% of the vote. Those candidates included: Roseanne Barr, Rocky Anderson, Thomas Hoefling, Jerry Litzel, Jeff Boss, Merlin Miller, Randall Terry, Jill Reed, Richard Duncan, Andre Barnett, Chuck Baldwin, Barbara Washer, Tom Stevens, Virgil Goode, Will Christensen, Stewart Alexander, James Harris, Jim Carlson, Sheila Tittle, Peta Lindsay, Gloria La Riva, Jerry White, Dean Morstad and Jack Fellure.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Gary Johnson's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Gary Johnson's Campaign Contributions|
Governor of New Mexico
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$2,565,379 (Democrat)|
|Top 5 contributors||Republican National State Elections Committee||$300,000|
|Sun Healthcare Group||$100,000|
|Form B1 4 Pages Missing||$56,254|
|Michael A. Grantham||$52,050|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Gary + Johnson.
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Facebook campaign page
- Gary Johnson on Twitter
- Gary Johnson on Google+
- Gary Johnson on Flickr
- Gary Johnson on YouTube
- Campaign contributions: 2000, 1998
- On The Issues, "Gary Johnson Vote Match," accessed June 18, 2014
- The questions in the quiz are broken down into two sections -- social and economic. In social questions, liberals and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while conservatives and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers. For the economic questions, conservatives and libertarians agree in choosing the less-government answers, while liberals and populists agree in choosing the more-restrictive answers.
- Denver Post, "Presidential hopeful Gary Johnson, Libertarian from New Mexico, attempts to woo voters," June 19, 2012
- The Cincinnati Herald, "Obama re-elected to historic second term," November 10, 2012
- FEC, "2012 Presidential Election Results," accessed June 24, 2013
- Follow the Money.org