|Michigan House of Representatives, District 98|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
|Profession||President, American Family Association of Michigan|
Glenn served an Ada County, Idaho County Commissioner for two terms.
Glenn earned his B.S. from Lenoir-Rhyne University. His professional experience includes working as an intern for Jesse Helms and James Broyhill, Executive Director of the Idaho Freedom to Work Committee, President of "School Choice YES!," a ballot campaign committee supported by the Mackinac Center for Public Policy and President of the American Family Association in Michigan. He served in the United States Army Reserve.
Glenn's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Create new, better, and higher-paying jobs for families here in mid-Michigan."
- Excerpt: "Push for the best and safest schools to meet the education needs of all students in mid-Michigan."
- Excerpt: "Protect Michigan from ObamaCare and restore the freedom to control our personal healthcare decisions without government interference."
- Excerpt: "Support values that encourage strong marriages, families, neighborhoods, and communities."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Joan Brausch was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gary Glenn defeated Karl Ieuter in the Republican primary.
|Gary Glenn (2012) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||March 31, 2012||$21,215.28||$46,693.83||$(46,470.43)||$21,438.68|
|July Quarterly||June 30, 2012||$21,438.68||$42,082.69||$(52,555.62)||$10,965.75|
In 2014, Glenn's endorsements include the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
- Amy Hawkins, Executive Director, Citizens for Traditional Values PAC
- National Rifle Association
- Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners
- Ron Beebe, Finance Chairman, Glenn for Representative
- Commissioner James Leigeb
- Commissioner Nicolas Finley
- Commissioner Richard Keenan
- Commissioner Dan McGillivray
- Richard Stoesser
- Governor Mike Huckabee
- National Right to Work Committee PAC
- Tom Monaghan
- Senator Pat Colbeck, R-Canton
- Rep. Mike Shirkey, R-Clarklake
- Adam de Angeli
- Brian Pannebacker
- Gene Clem
- Rep. Dave Agema
- Priscilla Miller
Glenn and his wife, Annette, have five children.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 98
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Gary Glenn on Facebook
- Gary Glenn on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Gary Glenn, "About," accessed May 30, 2012
- garyglenn.us, "Pledge," accessed August 1, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- The Grand Rapids Press, "U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow beats Republican Pete Hoekstra by 10 points, says Dem-sponsored poll," accessed January 5, 2012
- Associated Press primary results
- Federal Election Commission, "Gary Glenn Summary Report," accessed August 1, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Gary Glenn April Quarterly," accessed August 1, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Gary Glenn July Quarterly," accessed August 1, 2012
- garyglenn.us, "Endorsements," accessed August 1, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
- Official Campaign Site, "About Gary Glenn," accessed February 11, 2012