|U.S. House, Arkansas, District 1|
|Bachelor's||Ohio University, 1973|
|Ph.D.||University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1978|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||1966-1970|
|Date of birth||May 1, 1948|
Latanich served in the United States Air Force from 1966 to 19700. He then earned his BBA in Economics from Ohio University in 1973. He went on to receive his PhD from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1978. Latanich has been a professor of Economics at Arkansas State University since 1981.
Latanich's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Better Economics
- Excerpt: "A better economy isn't just for working families, but something that will benefit all Arkansans, from the small business owner looking to expand, to the family farmer looking for more efficient means of getting products to market, to the manufacturer looking to build its next factory, to the college student looking to start their career."
- Excerpt: "A focus on education is necessary if Arkansans are to compete, not just with neighboring states but countries like India, China and Brazil."
- Effective Government
- Excerpt: "Effective government isn’t just finger pointing and bickering. It’s demonstrating the knowledge and the desire to craft solutions to pressing problems - that you have the ability to bring people together and work for Arkansas and America."
Latanich and his wife, Rose Mary, have five children.
- Arkansas' 1st Congressional District
- Arkansas's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives