|Ohio House of Representatives District 92|
|2012 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||April 24, 2012|
|Appointed by||House Republican Caucus|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Scherer served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Financial Institutions, Housing and Urban Development|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Gary Scherer defeated Kirk Stinson in the Republican primary. Scherer was unchallenged in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 92 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Gary Scherer Incumbent||73.2%||2,985|
Scherer won re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 92. Scherer was unopposed in the March 6 Republican primary election and defeated Robert P. Armstrong (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 92, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gary Scherer Incumbent||52.5%||23,000|
|Democratic||Robert P. Armstrong||47.5%||20,780|
Comprehensive donor information for Scherer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Scherer raised a total of $107,124 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Gary Scherer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State House, District 92||$107,124|
|Grand Total Raised||$107,124|
2012Scherer won election to the Ohio State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Scherer raised a total of $107,124.
|Ohio State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gary Scherer's campaign in 2012|
|Ohio Republican Party||$25,227|
|Ohio Republican Party||$23,432|
|Scherer, Gary & Deborah||$10,000|
|Ohio House Republican Organizational Committee||$9,371|
|Scherer, Gary & Deborah||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$107,124|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators are scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Innovation Ohio: 130th General Assembly - Women's Issues Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on women’s issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Scherer + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Ohio House GOP, "Gary Scherer Selected by Republican Caucus to Replace Former Rep. Bob Peterson," April 24, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Scherer, Gary," accessed June 5, 2013
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 92
| Succeeded by|
Bob Peterson (R)
|Ohio House of Representatives - District 85
| Succeeded by|
John Adams (R)
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |