|Idaho State Senate District 6|
| Term in office began|
December 1, 1992
| Term in office ended|
Schroeder graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in political science and earned a second Master's degree in Zoology from the University of Idaho. Schroeder also served three years on active duty in the US Navy from 1962 to 1965.
Schroeder owns a fur trading company based in Moscow, Idaho..
Schroeder was a member of these committees:
|Idaho State Senate, District 6 (2010)|
|Gary Schroeder (R)||1,551||42.5%|
|Gresham Dale Bouma (R)||2,095||57.5%|
|Idaho State Senate, District 6 (2008)|
|Gary Schroeder (R)||9,685||57.1%|
|Sheldon Vincenti (D)||7,264||42.9%|
In 2008, Schroeder collected $22,440 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Idaho Power Co.||$2,000|
|Intermountain Forest Association||$1,000|
|Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce||$1,000|
|Senate Republican PAC of Idaho||$1,000|
Schroeder chairs the Senate Resources and Environment Committee, which handles legislation involving wolves in Idaho. Schroeder said wolves are an important topic to ranchers, hunters, and animal conservationists. He said that Idaho lawmakers the 2010 legislative session worked to protect the interests of the state and its hunters.
Schroeder backed a plan during 2010 that would shield the names of people who received licenses to hunt wolves from public records requests.. He also said he'd like to see Idaho's wolf hunt expanded.. However, a federal judge issued a ruling in August 2010 that suspends the state-sanctioned wolf hunt.
Schroeder represented Idaho Senate District 6. District 6 includes the all of Latah County.
Schroeder has one child and lives in Moscow, Idaho.
- Sen. Schroeder's website
- Official Idaho Senate website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1992
|Idaho Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|
Gresham Dale Bouma
- Moscow Hide and Fur, Gary Schroeder's business
- Idaho Senate, Members of Idaho senate standing committees
- Primary Election Results Idaho secretary of state
- Tea party helps oust incumbents
- Idaho Senate official election results for 2008
- Schroeder Campaign Donors
- Sen. Gary Schroeder on managing wolves, parks, and working lands (video) IdahoReporter.com
- Senate panel approve public records exemption for hunters IdahoReporter.com
- http://www.idahoreporter.com/2010/wolf-hunt-could-expand-this-fall/ Wolf hunt could expand this fall]IdahoReporter.com
- Donald Molloy Judgepedia.org
- "Idaho Legislature" 2009 Legislative Directory, July 22, 2009(See page 2)