|North Carolina House of Representatives District 46|
|2011 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
He was drafted for two years into the U.S. Army, during which time he did a tour of duty in Vietnam. After his military service he returned to his civilian job at Southern Bell Telephone Company (now AT&T) and eventually opened his own communications company, CommCo Inc. He later began work in the IS Department of Southeastern Regional Medical Center while his wife managed CommCo.
Pridgen attended Robeson Community College. He and his wife, Wendy, have four children and six grandchildren.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pridgen served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Appropriations Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Education, Vice Chair
- Education Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, North Carolina House of Representatives
- Subcommittee B
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Gaston Pridgen Incumbent||45.9%||15,431|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, General Election Results, District 46 (2010)|
|Gaston Pridgen (R)||7,590||52.17%|
|Douglas Yongue (D)||6,958||47.83%|
In 2010, Pridgen raised a total of $14,238 in campaign contributions.
His five largest campaign contributors in 2010 were:
|North Carolina Republican Party||$8,165|
|North Carolina Association of Realtors||$750|
Pridgen and his wife Wendy have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gaston + Pridgen + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official Campaign Website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
|North Carolina House - District 46
| Succeeded by|
Ken Waddell (D)
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |