|Rhode Island State Senate District 3|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Strategic Initiatives Officer, Women’s Fund of Rhode Island|
Goldin earned her B.A. in English Literature from McGill University and her M.A. in Public Policy from Tufts University. Her professional experience includes working as a strategic initiatives officer of the Womens Fund of Rhode Island.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Goldin served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment & Agriculture|
|• Health & Human Services|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island State Senate will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Gayle Goldin will face Christopher Wall in the Democratic primary.
Goldin won election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island State Senate District 3. She defeated Maryellen Butke in the Democratic primary on September 11. Goldin was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 3, General Election, 2012|
|Rhode Island State Senate, District 3 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Gayle Goldin is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gayle Goldin raised a total of $16,451 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 25, 2013.
|Gayle Goldin's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island State Senate, District 3||$16,451|
|Grand Total Raised||$16,451|
2012Gayle Goldin won election to the Rhode Island State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Gayle Goldin raised a total of $16,451.
|Rhode Island State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gayle Goldin's campaign in 2012|
|Goldin, Gayle L||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$16,451|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Goldin and her husband, Jeff Levy, have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gayle + Goldin + Rhode + Island + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 25, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Senator in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates in Upcoming Elections," accessed July 5, 2012
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed April 25, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Goldin, Gayle," accessed July 25, 2013
- Gaylegoldin.com, "About," accessed August 17, 2012
Rhoda Perry (D)
|Rhode Island State Senate District 3
| Succeeded by|