Gayle L. Manning
|Gayle L. Manning|
|Ohio State Senate District 13|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Kent State University|
|Master's||University of Akron|
|Birthday||March 2, 1950|
Manning earned her bachelor's degree from Kent State University and her master's degree from Akron University. She was an elementary school teacher in the North Olmsted City Schools for 37 years. Manning was a member and President Pro Tempore of the North Ridgeville Council.
Senate Bill 5
In a February 18, 2011 interview with The Columbus Dispatch, Manning voiced concerns about the controversial collective bargaining bill, saying she sympathizes with the teachers and has not yet made a decision on the bill.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Manning served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Financial Institutions|
|• Workforce and Economic Development|
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources|
|• Government Oversight|
|• Ways and Means and Economic Development|
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2010
|Ohio State Senate, District 13|
|Gayle L. Manning (R)||60,298||52.29%|
|Sue Morano (D)||55,023||47.71%|
In 2010 Manning raised $1,282,072. 
Listed below are primary contributors.
|REPUBLICAN SENATE CAMPAIGN CMTE OF OHIO||$641,090|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$580,999|
|WARNER, GERALDINE B||$2,500|
Manning has two children and currently resides in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gayle + Manning + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- $1.9 billion capital improvements program passes through Senate - Plain Dealer
- Brendan Mackin to seek 55th District seat - The Morning Journal
- Schools, county buildings close as sub-zero temperatures freeze Lorain County ... - The Morning Journal
- Legislation would create historic corridor from Cleveland to Painesville to ... - Plain Dealer
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
Sue Morano (D)
|Ohio State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|