Gayle L. Manning
|Gayle L. Manning|
|Ohio State Senate District 13|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Bachelor's||Kent State University|
|Master's||University of Akron|
|Birthday||March 2, 1950|
Manning was a member and President Pro Tempore of the North Ridgeville Council.
Manning earned her B.S. from Kent State University and her M.S. from Akron University. Her professional experience includes working as an elementary school teacher in the North Olmsted City Schools for 37 years.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Manning served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Insurance and Financial Institutions|
|• Workforce and Economic Development|
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture, Environment and Natural Resources|
|• Government Oversight|
|• Ways and Means and Economic Development|
Senate Bill 5
In a February 18, 2011 interview with The Columbus Dispatch, Manning voiced concerns about the controversial collective bargaining bill, saying she sympathizes with the teachers and has not yet made a decision on the bill.
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Ohio State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Marcus Madison was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Gayle L. Manning was unopposed in the Republican primary. Manning and Madison will face off in the general election.
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2010
|Ohio State Senate, District 13|
|Gayle L. Manning (R)||60,298||52.29%|
|Sue Morano (D)||55,023||47.71%|
In 2010 Manning raised $1,282,072.
Listed below are primary contributors.
|REPUBLICAN SENATE CAMPAIGN CMTE OF OHIO||$641,090|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$580,999|
|WARNER, GERALDINE B||$2,500|
Manning has two children and currently resides in North Ridgeville, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gayle + Manning + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Gayle L. Manning," accessed June 10, 2014
- Columbus Dispatch, "Some GOP senators say bill goes too far," February 18, 2011
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio Senate: Results for November 2, 2010," accessed June 10, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 10, 2014
Sue Morano (D)
|Ohio State Senate District 13
| Succeeded by|