|Minnesota State Senate District 33|
|1983 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Ph.D.||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||May 20, 1938|
Olson graduated from Minnesota with her Bachelor's degree in 1959 and her Educational Doctorate in 1980. Olson is a former teacher.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Olson served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Olson served on these committees:
- E-12 Education Budget and Policy Division (Ranking Minority Member)
- Education (Ranking Minority Member)
- Rules and Administration
- Transportation Budget and Policy Division.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 33 (2010)|
|Gen Olson (R)||24950||68.31%|
|Monica Dawson (D)||11554||31.63%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 33 (2006)|
|Gen Olson (R)||22,321||58.59%|
|Tim Carlson (DFL)||13,622||35.76%|
|Margaret Davis (I)||2,135||5.60%|
In 2010, Olson received $36,318 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gen Olson's campaign in 2010|
|Senate District 33 RPM||$4,500|
|33Rd Senate District Republican Party||$1,000|
|Fayfield, Robert W||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$36,318|
In 2006, Olson collected $43,966 in donations.
Her five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Frank Vennes Jr.||$500|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Gen + Olson + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Olson is single and lives in Minnetrista, Minnesota.
- Gen Olson's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1996
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Gen Olson
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
|Minnesota State Senate District 33
| Succeeded by|
David Osmek (R)