|Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-3|
|Party||Vermont Progressive Party|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont|
|J.D.||Vermont Law School|
The following comes from Bergman's campaign website:
- We need a state legislator who will focus on policies that support the residents of the Old North End and Downtown Burlington.
- We need state tax, spending, and investment policies that favor the vast majority of the people and help address the disparity of wealth between the rich and everybody else.
- We need a budget that puts people first and asks the rich to pay their fair share.
- We need a single-payer health care system that recognizes that health care is a human right.
- We need to protect women’s rights and needs, including reproductive freedoms.
- We need a state agricultural policy that strongly supports urban agriculture.
- We need a greater state commitment to address the unique problems related to drugs, mental illness, and crime in urban areas, including Burlington’s downtown.
- We need environmental and energy policies that continue to make progress and work in partnership with Vermont’s cities and towns.'
- We need to fight institutional racism and discrimination and support the needs of immigrants and migrant workers, like those who milk our cows and pick our fruits and vegetables.
Bergman ran for election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Chittenden 6-3. Bergman was unopposed in the August 28 Vermont Progressive Party primary and was defeated in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gene + Bergman + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.