Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 11|
|J.D.||George Mason Law School|
In 2006, the Philadelphia Inquirer named Stilp the Citizen of the Year for his activism against a bill in the Pennsylvania legislature to raise lawmakers' pay.
Stilp ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 11th District. Stilp defeated Bill Vinsko in the April 24, 2012, primary and faced incumbent Lou Barletta (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania in 2012 as 1 of the 10 states that could determine whether Democrats would retake the House or Republicans would hold their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 11 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lou Barletta Incumbent||58.5%||166,967|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 11 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 11, 2012 - Gene Stilp Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$1,334,027|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$1,335,285|
|Top contributors to Gene Stilp's campaign committee|
|Halfon & Associates||$3,100|
|Operating Engineers Union||$2,800|
|Getnick & Getnick||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$9,800|
|Civil Servants/Public Officials||$4,780|
- Official campaign website
- Facebook account
- Twitter account
- Pennsylvania 2010 primary election results
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- The Patriot-News "Gene Stilp to oppose U.S. Rep. Lou Barletta in Pennsylvania's 11th District Congressional race" Accessed January 20, 2012
- Politico "2012 House Race Results"
- Philadelphia Inquirer "Editorial | Citizens of the Year" Accessed March 17, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Washington Post "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012" Accessed April 25, 2012
- Pennsylvania Secretary of State 2012 Official Primary Results
- 2010 general election results from the Pennsylvania Secretary of State's office
- Open Secrets "Gene Stilp 2012 Election Cycle," Accessed March 26, 2013
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |