Genevieve S. Davis
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth and Norfolk District|
|Profession||Financial management consultant|
Davis' website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"There is enormous demand for infrastructure repair and this is where we can create jobs. This is the time to use public funds to make critically necessary repairs to roadways, bridges, public buildings and utilities. I will support funding for these projects."
- Excerpt:"I love nature. I have worked at the New England Wildflower Society, and currently work with the Environmental League of Massachusetts, and through my work with both organizations I’ve been educated to the extreme importance of protecting our natural resources and environment."
- Excerpt:"A major path to economic recovery and sustainability is an educated workforce. There is a gap, however, between the needs of the workplace and the education of the workforce. We need to close this gap and it needs to happen on multiple levels."
- Excerpt:" believe in and have benefited from preventative care. I will support the expansion of reimbursement for therapies that are prescribed by physicians to improve the physical condition of individuals with chronic problems that are not alleviated by traditional medicine. This includes acupuncture, yoga and pilates programs."
- Excerpt:"I believe that all citizens have the civil rights that I enjoy as an American middle- aged white woman of Irish Catholic descent. I think it is regrettable that some of these rights need to be legislated."
Davis ran in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate Plymouth and Norfolk District. She defeated Steve May (Massachusetts) in the September 6 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Robert Hedlund (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Robert Hedlund Incumbent||68.3%||61,686|
|Massachusetts State Senate, Plymouth and Norfolk District Democratic Primary, 2012|
Davis and her husband George have two sons.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Genevieve + Davis + Massachusetts + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Genevieve Davis on Facebook
- Genevieve Davis on Twitter
- ↑ "davis4senate," Official Campaign Website
- ↑ 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Accessed June 26, 2012
- ↑ 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," Accessed September 6, 2012
- ↑ Davis4senate.com "About," Accessed August 15, 2012