|Minnesota State Senate District 41|
|2003 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|J.D.||University of Minnesota|
|Birthday||November 13, 1963|
Michel graduated from Dartmouth with his Bachelor's degree and later graduated from Minnesota with his Juris Doctor degree. Michel is an attorney in addition to being a Senator.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Michel served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Michel served on these committees:
- Business, Industry and Jobs (Ranking Minority Member)
- Capital Investment
- E-12 Education Budget and Policy Division
- Higher Education
- Higher Education Budget and Policy Division.
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 41 (2010)|
|Geoff Michel (R)||20890||56.42%|
|Steve Elkins (DFL)||16098||43.48%|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 41 (2006)|
|Geoff Michel (R)||21,216||56.10%|
|Andrew Borene (DFL)||11,132||29.44%|
|Julie Risser (G)||5,431||14.36%|
In 2010, Michel received $86,092 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Minnesota State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Geoff Michel's campaign in 2010|
|41st Senate District Republican Party Of Minnesota||$1,500|
|Minnesota Auto Dealers Association||$500|
|American Council Of Engineering Companies Of Minnesota||$500|
|Naiop Economic Growth Fund||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$86,092|
In 2006, Michel collected $102,679 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|41st Senate District Republican Party||$3,500|
|3rd Congressional District Republican Party||$600|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Geoff + Michel + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Michel represents Minnesota Senate District 41. District 41 includes the Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs of Bloomington and Edina.
Geoff is married to Annie Michel. They have four children and reside in Edina, Minnesota.
- Geoff Michel's official Minnesota State Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Minnesota Public Radio votetracker profile
- "Minnesota Senate" List of Standing Committees
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Official Results General Election - Nov. 7, 2006," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- 2006 contributions to Geoff Michel
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
- "Minnesota Secretary of State" Map of Senate District 40
|Minnesota State Senate District 41
| Succeeded by|
Barbara Goodwin (DFL)