|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 43|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Los Alamos County Council|
|Los Alamos County Council|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago|
|Years of service||Five years|
|Service branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
|Years of service||Eight years|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Rodgers has served on the Los Alamos County Council since November 2010 and was elected as Council Chair in 2013. He previously served on the Council from 2001 to 2004.
Rodgers earned his B.A. in Philosophy from the University of Chicago. His professional experience includes being a small business owner and serving as a helicopter pilot for the Florida Division of Forestry, the Collier County Emergency Medical Services and as the WGN traffic copter in Chicago. He served for five years on active duty and for eight years reserve as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot.
Rodgers's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Geoff Rodgers knows New Mexicans need good jobs. As State Representative, Geoff will work to create an environment where businesses can succeed and grow."
- Excerpt: "As a father, Geoff Rodgers is concerned about education in New Mexico and he knows we can’t settle for being last in the country. He’ll support meaningful education reforms that benefit students, teachers and parents."
- Excerpt: "Geoff Rodgers served our Country for thirteen years in the U.S. Army and Reserves as a helicopter pilot. He’s always fought to keep us safe. In Santa Fe, Geoff will continue that fight by supporting tougher DWI laws."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. Incumbent Stephanie Richard was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Geoff Rodgers defeated Vincent Chiravalle in the Republican primary. Richard and Rodgers will face off in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
Rodgers and his wife, Marla, have two sons. They reside in Los Alamos, NM.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Geoff + Rodgers + New + Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Mexico House of Representatives District 43
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Mexico Secretary of State, 2014 Primary Election Candidate List