Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Kentucky|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Master's||University of Massachusetts-Amherst|
|Other||University of Kentucky (Masters)|
He was a Democratic candidate for the United States House of Representatives in the 2014 elections. He ran in the 6th Congressional District of Kentucky. He was defeated by Elisabeth Jensen in the Democratic primary on May 20, 2014.
Young worked as an assistant director of the Kentucky Division of Energy from 1992 to 2005.
- B.S., economics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1977)
- Masters, mechanical engineering, University of Massachusetts-Amherst (1981)
- Masters, agricultural economics, University of Kentucky (1988)
Young announced plans to run in the 2015 gubernatorial election in a press release on November 17, 2014. Young noted in this release that, "We both have highly developed BS detectors, and we will fearlessly use them against any politician who tries to deceive the people of Kentucky." He filed candidacy papers with the Kentucky Secretary of State on December 1, 2014.
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 6 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Source: Kentucky State Board of Elections|
|Kentucky House of Representatives, District 45, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Stan Lee Incumbent||66.4%||16,035|
|Geoff Young (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$0||$50,600||$(1,300)||$49,464|
|Pre-Primary||May 13, 2014||$49,464||$203||$(20,532)||$29,135|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Geoff + Young + Kentucky + governor + 2015"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Courier-Journal, "New gubernatorial candidate touts 'BS detector'," November 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "Primary election results," accessed May 20, 2014
- Linkedin, "Geoffrey Young," accessed November 18, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Information for Geoffrey M. "Geoff" Young, Candidate for Governor," December 1, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, 2012 general election candidate list, accessed November 2, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Geoff Young 2014 Summary reports," accessed May 15, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "April Quarterly," accessed May 15, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pre-Primary," accessed May 15, 2014
State of Kentucky
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor Cabinet | Chairman of Public Services |