George B. Sinner
|George B. Sinner|
|Running for U.S. House, North Dakota|
|Date of primary||June 10, 2014|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|North Dakota State Senate District 46|
|December 1, 2012 - present|
|December 1, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Profession||Banker, American Federal Bank|
Sinner earned his Bachelor's degree in Political Science from the University of North Dakota. He is an agriculture and business banker and Senior Vice President at American Federal Bank.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sinner served on the following committees:
|North Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Industry, Business and Labor|
Sinner is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent North Dakota's At-Large District. Sinner is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary on June 10, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
Sinner ran in the 2012 election for North Dakota Senate District 46. Sinner ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12. He defeated incumbent Jim Roers (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Dakota State Senate, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||George B. Sinner||52%||3,937|
|Republican||Jim Roers Incumbent||47.8%||3,619|
Sinner made flood control the top priority of his campaign.
Comprehensive donor information for Sinner is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sinner raised a total of $27,170 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 30, 2013.
|George B. Sinner's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Dakota State Senate, District 46||$27,170|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,170|
2012Sinner won election to the North Dakota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Sinner raised a total of $27,170.
|North Dakota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George B. Sinner's campaign in 2012|
|North Dakota Senate Democratic-NPL Caucus||$3,200|
|Sinner, Jane E.||$2,400|
|North Dakota Education Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,170|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Sinner and his wife, Margaret, have two children. They currently reside in Fargo, North Dakota.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George B. + Sinner + North + Dakota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Profile from the North Dakota State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions via Follow the Money: 2012
- Campaign website
- United States House of Representatives
- North Dakota's At-Large Congressional District elections, 2014
- North Dakota's At-Large Congressional District
- Inforum, "George B. Sinner to seek Democratic nomination to challenge Cramer for ND congressional seat," accessed March 18, 2014
- Valley News Live, "Sinner to run for state senate," accessed September 20, 2012
- North Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Contest/Candidate List," accessed April 25, 2012
- Bakken Today, "Fargo businessman George Sinner to run for ND Senate," accessed September 20, 2012
- Follow the Money, "Sinner, George B.," accessed May 30, 2013
Jim Roers (R)
|North Dakota State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|